While the application is relatively simple, work will need to be completed in advance. You are not able to save a partially completed application, so collect all information and required elements first. Partially completed applications will not be accepted or considered.
- Personal information
- A personal written essay (maximum 1,500 words) outlining why you are a deserving recipient. Topics and discussion points should include some of the following:
- Who you are as a person – your interests and passions
- Your academic and education goals
- Challenges you face in your life
- How hockey has contributed to your growth and development
- How you give back to your community
- Special consideration will be given to applicants that include how Pat Quinn and the Pat Quinn Classic has impacted them
- Most recent report card or transcript
- Acceptance of the Terms & Conditions outlined below
- A reference letter from a leader in your community (principal, coach, faith leader etc.)
- OPTIONAL: A video essay (no more than 3 minutes) communicating the above
- OPTIONAL: Upload additional information to support the application
Terms & Conditions
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA
- Applicants must have participated in the 2022 Pat Quinn Classic, with their name on at least three game sheets and not received any disciplinary actions throughout the tournament.
- Applicants must be registered to a BC-based U15 hockey team
- Scholarships can only be used for costs related to post-secondary education
- Scholarships must be deposited into an RESP and to be used for post-secondary at designated education institutions
- Applicants can apply multiple years, however, applicants can only receive one scholarship.
- All applicants’ personal information will be kept private. However, some personal details of the scholarship recipients will be made public in marketing and promotional materials.
- Partially completed applications will not be considered
- Applications close on January 15, 2023
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Provide a handwritten thank you note to the Vancouver Canucks Alumni Association
- Show proof the scholarship was deposited into an RESP
- Agree that portions of the application can be used for marketing purposes for either the Pat Quinn Classic and/or the Vancouver Canucks Alumni Association