We are excited to launch the 6th Annual Pat Quinn Classic.
The tournament will take place on December 27-31, 2021 in Burnaby BC. This year we have added a third Bantam division for local minor hockey teams. There are 6 male divisions and 2 female divisions:
DECEMBER 27 – 30Th, 2021
- Female U13 AAA
- Female U15 AAA
DECEMBER 28 – 31st, 2021
- Male U11 AAA Elite
- Male U13 AAA Elite Flight 1
- Male U13 AAA Flight 2
- Male U15 AAA Flight 1
- Male U15 AAA Flight 2
- Male U15 AAA Elite
- Elite Divisions are open to teams that can compete at the highest U13 and U15 levels
- U15 AAA Flight 2 is for local or equivalent BC Hockey Minor Hockey Associations playing in Flight 1 or 2
- U15 AAA and U13 AAA are ideal for teams not quite ready to compete against the very best but are still the top team in your association/program. These teams are playing at a strong level of play but are not necessarily tournament travel teams
- Past season’s results will be considered when evaluating suitability
- All Hockey Canada and USA Hockey programs are eligible
- The Event Managers reserve the right to assess the list of applications and make appropriate placements
- Review the Cancellation Policy and the Stay and Play policy below carefully
- Register male teams here
- Register female teams here
- Full payment is required to secure registration
- The Tournament Directors will review applications and follow up with teams
- Accepted teams will be required to book accommodation and complete the registration process to finalize registration
- Tournament sanction # 2021-2022-9515
Please refer to our Covid-19 Policy, Cancellation Policy, and Stay and Play Policy before registering.
The only way to guarantee your team’s spot in the tournament is by registering and making a full payment. If the tournament does not proceed, or your team is not eligible (i.e. US teams or inter-provincial teams), we will issue a full refund minus a $50 CDN administration fee.
All team registration cancellations prior to November 15, 2021 will be subject to a $500 CDN fee. Any team registration cancellations after November 15, 2021 will be non-refundable.
To discuss this further, please contact Joe Saloustros at email@example.com / 604.861.7741.
The safety of players, coaches, spectators and officials is paramount to the tournament. We are committed to following the recommendations and guidelines of national, provincial and regional bodies around the safe return to sport.
The 2021 tournament will follow provincial health policy and safety measures for indoor youth sport events. Currently, the measures are:
- Players under the age of 21 do not require full proof of vaccination to participate in the tournament, but coaches, team managers and all spectators over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated.
- Masks must be worn in all arenas, except when players are on the ice.
Stay and Play Policy
To recognize the contributions of the local accommodation partners, the tournament has a Stay and Play policy, whereby all travel teams must stay in partner hotels. Failure to comply with the policy will result in the travel teams being removed from the tournament without a refund.
Please see a complete list of the accommodation options here.