2020 has been a challenging year and we know there is a tremendous need in our community. Since we are not able to host the Pat Quinn Classic this year, we have decided to showcase our community support and rally the hockey community to ensure local families have a joyous holiday season.
In partnership with Burnaby Minor Hockey Association – we are running a Virtual Food Drive. There are some incredible prizes including a Nintendo Switch and an autographed Canucks jersey! See more details below.
It’s very easy to get involved – so challenge your teammates or other teams to see who can raise the most amount of money.
We are grateful to our partners – the Burnaby Firefighters Charitable Society and the Vancouver Canucks Alumni Association for their continued support of the Classic and our community-based initiatives.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Virtual Food Drive
It’s our goal to raise over $2,500 in support of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank. Virtual fundraising the safest and most effective way to support the Food Bank. Did you know that food banks have double the buying power to maximize your donations? You can make a donation as an individual or create a team. To make a donation visit our donation page here.
We have a selection of some really cool prizes including:
- A Nintendo Switch
- An autographed Vancouver Canucks jersey
- Pat Quinn Classic prize packs
- For every $10 donated you get one entry into the draw
- Ballots will be drawn and winners will be contacted on December 21, 2020
- A skill testing question is required to redeem the prizes
WHY ARE WE HOSTING A VIRTUAL FOOD DRIVE?
It’s the Smart way to give back
- Due to COVID-19, the food banks have been forced to reduce the number of volunteers in their warehouse. This causes delays in sorting and packing and food received now may not get to clients until February
- Nearly 40% of food donated through food drives is waste. They must discard anything that is not suitable for humans and the GVFB must pay to dispose of this waste.
- They have twice the buying power of the regular consumer. Cash goes twice as far for them, and if you factor in that 40% waste in the food donations, the value of cash is even greater
- They use cash to purchase healthy food – focusing on healthy, protein-rich, highly nutritious foods
- Virtual Food Drive is 100% COVID safe. No contact, no risk, no deliveries, no pickups!
- To learn more, visit the Greater Vancouver Food Bank